- How propolis is formed
- How to check the quality of the product
- The medical use of propolis
- Propolis sticking on alcohol
- How to prepare an aqueous propolis solution
- Propolis oil preparation
- Propolis ointment
- Propolis treatment with coryza, cough
- Propolis treatment for flu treatment
- Treatment of sore throat
- Treatment of sinusitis and otitis
- Recipes from propolis from periodontal disease and toothache zva
- Propolis application from hemorrhoids, prostatitis
- Destruction of propolis of fungus and calluses
- Propolis application for the treatment of various diseases
- Contraindications of propolis
The composition of propolis
Propolis is produced exclusively by bees, it is not found outside the hive. The therapeutic use of propolis was also found by the priests of ancient Egypt. The resinous substance was also used for embalming. Until now, a remedy is applied as an anesthetic, has a bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect, restorative and tonic effect, increases the immune system, helps with ulcers, burns, frostbite, various internal diseases.
How propolis is formed
Bees are the most ancient inhabitants of the planet. They appeared about 60-65 million years ago. Bee products play a significant role in maintaining human health.
Scientists did not come to a single point of view on how bees make propolis.
According to one theory, bees produce a useful product from a mixture of pollen grains and water. Swollen grains serve as a food source for larvae and young bees. Repulsed balsam, formed from pollen grains, bees mixed with wax. The mixture moistened with saliva – ready-made propolis – is used for the improvement of the hive.
Other scientists believe that the raw material of the useful product is tar from the birch, alder, poplar, willow, spruce, fir, oak, elm, plum, sunflower. The tarry part of the kidneys brought by the worker bees warms up inside the hive, mixes with pollen and saliva.
The obtained substance helps bees to cope with lesions by various microorganisms, viruses, fungus, putrefactive bacteria.
Propolis is used to polish the honeycomb cells in which the brood is grown, it is closed by cracks, disinfected dead larvae before being removed from the hive.
Accidentally infiltrated into the hive of mice, the snake bees are pinched. Spreading of corpses with propolis suppresses the formation of products of decay and decomposition.
How to check the quality of the product
Propolis extracted from the hive during warm time is easily kneaded by fingers. It is scraped off the frame, formed by lumps of 100-150 g and stored in a dark cool place for up to 5 years.
Fresh wax-like mass is quite elastic, color varies from dark green to gray or black-green. The result of the life of bees smells of resin, honey, pine needles, over time, the aroma evaporates. Healthy product when stored becomes dark, almost black.
The taste is bitter, searing. When burning, the aroma of incense is felt. The resinous substance is readily soluble in alcohol and acetic acid.
Propolis melts at a temperature of 80-103C, when cooled below 15C it crumbles. At boiling even for an hour the substance retains its healing properties. To separate impurities, it is sometimes melted in a water bath.
If the ball placed in the water goes to the bottom, it contains a minimum of foreign impurities, which speaks in favor of the quality of the finished product.
Therapeutic use of propolis
The most effective product of beekeeping destroys microbes. Its therapeutic effect is inferior to antibiotics, but less toxic and does not suppress the intestinal microflora.
Used as prescribed by the doctor in the form of infusions, tinctures, propolis oil, it improves blood microcirculation, reduces the likelihood of blood clots and cholesterol, improves the functioning of the endocrine glands, digestion, reduces the viscosity of the blood. Compositions of a useful product are treated with cancer, gout, influenza, bronchitis, gastritis, intestinal infections, internal diseases, skin ulcers, eczema, headache, sclerosis, conjunctivitis, chronic prostatitis, diseases of female genital organs.
Depending on the breed of bees, local natural features, the composition of the therapeutic product includes up to 50 components. It contains vitamins B1, B2, E, C, provitamin A, nicotinic acid.
Mineral substances are represented by iron, zinc, copper, manganese, silicon, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium.
About 55% of resinous compounds, 30% of beeswax, 10% of essential oils, 5% of pollen.
Propolis is rich in amino acids, fatty organic acids: cinnamon , coffee , kumarova . Benzoic acid causes bactericidal action.
Due to the high concentration of flavonoids preparations based on propolis are used to treat various respiratory diseases.
Propolis stick on alcohol
To prepare propolis tincture 9 parts of finely chopped pieces pour 10 parts of alcohol , place in a container of dark glass. Infuse 7-8 days at room temperature, every day shaking capacity. With excessive coolness, the healing properties are lost. Filter through filter paper with cotton wool, pour into a tightly closed container. Store in a dark place.
To shorten the time for obtaining the tincture, mix propolis with alcohol to heat up to + 40 ° C in a water bath.
How to prepare an aqueous solution of propolis
For children, prepare an aqueous infusion:
- A small amount of ground powder is added to boiled water , heated for 10 minutes in a water bath up to + 40 ° C. Use for several hours after cooking.
Milk can be used instead of water.
Preparation of propolis oil
- Grind 150 g propolis , melt in an enamel saucepan 1 kg cream oil , add the resulting powder, mix thoroughly every 5 minutes. After 30 minutes the wax will be on the bottom, and the oil will acquire healing properties.
In a warm form propolisnoe oil is laid out on glass jars. The lower layer containing the wax is discarded.
The oil is stored in the fridge for a long time. In a month it is allowed to consume up to 1 kg of useful product.
- To prepare a propolis ointment, melt and bring to a boil 100 g of butter oil , add 20 g of ground propolis . Simmer over low heat until all the particles are completely dissolved.
Ointment is applied externally for the treatment of cracks and eczema. On top of it is placed a clean soft cloth, a compress paper, fastened with a bandage. In a day the bandage is removed. Scabs appear on the tissue, and the wound will be tightened by the skin.
Propolis ointment helps with back pain. It is applied in a thin layer on the affected areas.
Instead of creamy you can use Vaseline oil :
- Bring to a boil 100 g Vaseline , remove from heat and allow it to cool to + 60 ° C. Add 10 g of ground propolis , lightly heat, stirring continuously, until the particles are completely dissolved. After the mixture in a hot form, filter through gauze.
Apply to veins with varicose veins, trophic ulcers that do not heal wounds, when treating sciatica, sciatica.
The amount of propolis added determines the scope of the ointment:
- 20% of the composition treat fungal diseases, boils;
- 15% ointment is applied to cuts, rash, ulcers and erosion of mucous membranes.
- 10% of the composition is used in gynecology in the treatment of erosion of the cervix, hemorrhoids, burns and frostbite.
Treatment of propolis of the common cold, coughing
To get rid of the common cold:
- Lubricate the nasal passages and areas of the maxillary sinuses with ointment propolis 1-2 times a day, after in for 2-3 hours not to go out.
- If the runny nose is strong, put tampons with propolis ointment and 1-2 drops of alcohol tincture into each nostril for a few minutes.
- Mix two pieces of freshly squeezed juice beet and carrot , one part of alcohol propolis tincture . Bury in the nose or moisturize inside the nostril with a cotton swab.
When cough helps 1hour. tinctures of propolis, mixed with 100ml of warm milk. Therapeutic composition is taken half an hour before meals in the morning and evening.
To quickly recover from diseases throat or nasopharynx , brew 1 tsp. herbs St. John’s wort a glass of boiling water, simmer in a water bath in a sealed container for 15 minutes, after 30 minutes drain, bring the volume of boiled water to a full glass. Add 1hour. alcohol 10% tincture . Gargle 4-6 times a day, 1/2 cup.
For diseases upper respiratory tract , sinusitis put the aluminum mug in boiling water, add a little propolis to the mug. Under the influence of temperature, phytoncides are released, together with water vapor, they are inside the body. Inhalations are carried out in the morning and in the evening for 10 minutes, 2-3 hours before night rest.
For treatment of pulmonary diseases take 1 tsp. Propolis oil several times a day, with tuberculosis washed down with milk. Duration of treatment up to a year, constantly increase the concentration of propolis.
In the case of pneumonia take a few drops of propolis tincture diluted in water, half an hour before meals in the morning. At night take an aqueous solution, rub the breast with alcohol tincture. Duration of treatment is 3-4 weeks.
The use of propolis for treatment of influenza
turns bees, producing in the spring or early summer, propolis, miraculously guess kind of flu virus that appears in the autumn, ahead of time by producing effective materials for its neutralization and destruction.
- When treating the flu several times a day, dig into each nostril honey , mixed with a drop of alcohol propolis tincture .
Treatment of angina
- to quickly relieve inflammation, lubricate the tonsils every half hour 10% alcohol solution or in a mixture of honey juice and kalanchoe .
- Dilute 1hour. propolis tincture in 1/2 cup warm water. Gargle every hour.
- It helps to lay a piece of resinous substance on the cheek at night. In the afternoon, propolis the size of a match head to chew after each meal or keep the cheek, eating during the day to 5g.
These methods of treatment of angina with propolis make it possible to avoid complications, recovery occurs in a short time.
Treatment of sinusitis and otitis
сме To eliminate pain, discharge of pus during sinusitis, mix in equal amounts honey and propolis. The resulting mass is fixed at night with adhesive plaster on both sides of the nose, in the area of the paranasal sinuses. Another method
– Mix 5g propolis , 10g honey , 15g of melted cocoa butter , 20g juice calendula , sea buckthorn oil 30g .To put in a nose for 15 minutes turundochki, impregnated with structure.
In the treatment of otitis cotton ball is slightly moistened with propolis tincture, it is embedded in the diseased ear, it is covered with fleece. Outside, the ear is wrapped in a handkerchief. After 3 hours, the cotton wool is removed and the treatment is repeated.
Recipes from propolis from periodontal disease and toothache
- Crush 25g propolis , put in a bottle of dark glass, pour 100ml of alcohol , stir until dissolved. Add 5 p.s. chopped grass St. John’s wort . Close the tight lid, insist in a dark place for two weeks, every day shaking the bottle, drain it.
Dilute 20 drops of tincture in 1/2 cup water. Use for rinses 4-5 times a day.
During the treatment of periodontal disease it is useful to take a mixture of honey with propolis.
To get rid of toothache to insist 30g propolis in a glass vodka for 10 days, drain. Apply the moistened tampon to the sick tooth.
A piece of propolis or a propolis ointment applied to a sick tooth also helps to cope with toothache.
Recipes for treatment of gastritis and ulcers
Propolis is used in the treatment of gastritis, stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers. It forms a protective film on the mucous membrane, which reduces the effect of gastric juice. Reduced inflammation, normal motor function, secretory function of the gastrointestinal tract.
- In the case of gastritis with normal acidity, dissolve 0.5 kg of butter oil , add 50 g of ground propolis , soak in a water bath for 45 minutes. Allow to cool to + 40C, add 0.5 kg honey , mix thoroughly. Take 1 tsp. in the morning and in the evening. Keep refrigerated.
In the case of a stomach or duodenal ulcer, chew every day a useful product of beekeeping.
The use of propolis in the form of 4% alcohol tincture also helps to cope with peptic ulcer. Add 30 drops of tincture to a glass of milk. Take 2 hours before meals three times a day. After a month, increase the concentration using 20-30% tincture.
The use of propolis from hemorrhoids, prostatitis
In the case of hemorrhoids prepare so-called peanut butter :
- Place 5 parts cocoa and 3 parts propolis in a saucepan, add water, simmer in a water bath for an hour and a half, drain. Pour the contents on a baking sheet, let it freeze. Cut into thin, oblong pieces.
Mortgaged in the anus at night for a week.
For the treatment of prostatitis, candles are prepared from a mixture of propylene oil and cocoa butter. Apply the same way a month. After 30 days, repeat the treatment.
Destruction of propolis of fungus and corns
Propolis ointment in the treatment of fungal lesions is especially effective in combination with bergamot oil . As a rule, after 4-5 weeks of treatment there is an improvement. The timing of the final cure is determined by the severity of the disease.
It is possible to reduce the callus with a mixture of propolis , bees wax , juice of one lemon . The mixture is applied overnight. After a few days, the corn is soaked in a hot tub with soda, after being mechanically removed.
Application of propolis for the treatment of various diseases
- Take 20% propolis tincture of pharmacy 2-3 times a day, spreading droplets in the 5-6 1s.l. water. Gradually bring the dose to 15 drops.
Home treatment strengthens immunity, destroys microbes, soothes, helps cope with fungal lesions, inflammations of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreatitis, pain in the gallbladder.
- Take 10% propolis tincture of 20 drops per 1/2 cup of milk before bedtime in case of stomach ulcers, duodenal ulcers, bronchitis, pneumonia, diseases of female genital organs.
Contraindications to the use of propolis
It is not necessary to be treated with this product of beekeeping in the case of tumors, liver diseases, biliary tract, with nephrolithiasis, with caution in pancreatitis.
Propolis allergy is rare, usually in combination with allergies to other beekeeping products.