- Exercises to prevent back pain
- Exercises to improve posture
- Exercises to strengthen your back muscles
- Complex exercises for stretching your back at home
The muscular frame provides the performance of various movements, helps pump blood, lymph, interstitial fluid, trains vessels and capillaries. That is why sometimes musculature is called the peripheral heart. Exercises for the back allow you to train muscles to evenly distribute the physical load to its various sites, improve posture. Ultimately, they increase tone, relieve psychological stress, prevent the appearance of pain.
Exercises to prevent back pain
Previously, with back pain, doctors recommended bed rest. It turns out that with a long-term immobile lying muscles begin to atrophy, the heart and lungs are reduced endurance, the bones become fragile. Therefore, even in the case of spinal pain, bed rest should be limited to 2-3 days.
Exercises to prevent back pain increase strength, muscular function, destroy the causes of pain. Optimal muscle tone allows you to prevent the appearance of painful sensations.
Exercises for the back of the office workers:
- Sitting, with the maximum amplitude to raise and lower the shoulders.
- Lean against the back of the chair, place the hands in the waist, bend back and stay for a while in this position. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Place the brush even lower and similarly bend to relax the musculature of the thoracic spine.
- Place a chair against the wall, place the palms on the wall, bend in front and fix the position to relieve the muscles of the waist.
- Tilt and turn the head to the left, right, back and forth to relax the muscles of the cervical spine.
If the place allows, standing, try to connect hands behind the dorsal. Elbow of the right arm bent at the top, elbow bent at the elbow of the left arm below. Then change the position of the hands.
Another exercise for the back. Stand up, feet shoulder-width apart. Elbows at the top, palms on the shoulder blades. Raise your elbows to the sides and back to keep the shoulder blades together.
Exercises to improve posture
At home, to correct posture, it is useful to perform the following complex:
- Stand on all fours, bend your back arched up, hold the position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position. Repeat 6-7 times.
- Stand upright, feet together, hands along the trunk. Deeply inhale, while raising his hands up, exhale. Bend back, breathe. Lowering his hands, exhale. The body is tilted forward, the back is rounded, the head and shoulders are lowered.
- Lie on your stomach. Helping the hands supported on the floor, bend the trunk back, trying to tear off the chest and stomach from the floor. Repeat 6-8 times.
- Lie on the floor, hands along the trunk. Bend in the thoracic spine, getting as high as possible to raise the head and legs. Repeat 6-8 times.
If there is a crossbar at home or on a playground in the yard, pullings are useful for the thoracic spine, and for the lumbar region – hanging with the simultaneous rotation of the legs in different directions.
To increase the mobility of the spine, perform tilting and circular rotation of the trunk.
Exercises to strengthen the back muscles
- Stand against the wall so that the heels, calves, buttocks, shoulder blades, and nape simultaneously touch the surface. Raise straight arms, press the back of the brush against the wall. Hold the position for exactly a minute. Then slowly lower your hands, relax.
- Lie on your stomach, straighten your arms along the trunk. Without leaning on the brush, raise the upper part of the trunk so that the stomach remains pressed against the rug. The legs do not fix, so that there is no stretching, look straight ahead.Hold in the upper position for 30 seconds, slowly return to the starting position. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Lie on your stomach, hands along the trunk. Slowly raise your straightened legs to a height of 10cm. The shoulders are pressed against the rug, the brushes do not help, the knees do not touch the rug. Lock the position for 30 seconds, then return to the starting position. Repeat 10-12 times.
- Lie on your stomach, elbows on the floor and are pressed to the sides, fingers on the shoulders. While keeping the head and spine straight, press the lower abdomen to the floor and lift the upper part of the body, while simultaneously bringing the shoulder blades together. Lock position for 30 seconds. Slowly return to the prone position, relax, regain breath. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Lie on your stomach, place your palms between your temples and your ears, and press your elbows against your body. On inhaling, lift the upper trunk and raise the elbows to the side and up. Lock position for 30 seconds. On exhalation return to the starting position. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Sit on your knees, your back is straight, your hands are up, the brushes are linked. Carry the slopes of the body and head down, pull the upper trunk. Hold for a few seconds at the time of maximum muscle tension. This exercise also helps to relieve pain in the back and shoulders.
A set of exercises for stretching the back at home
- Stand upright, feet shoulder width apart, socks outward, hands straightened, hands clasped. Rounding your back and not lifting your head, stretch your arms forward parallel to the floor to feel the stretching of the back musculature. When the slope of the trunk is a right angle, hold the position for 30 seconds, then return to the starting position.
- Stand upright, brushes on the hips, legs slightly bent and shoulder width apart. Leaning on the hips, tilt the body forward, trying to round the back as much as possible to feel the stretching of the muscles. Hold for 30 seconds, after slowly return to the starting position, relax.
- Stand upright, legs together. Half-sitting, to clasp brushes under the thighs. Simultaneously, tilt the body forward and round the back, feed it up. When the muscles are maximally stretched, fix the position for 30 seconds.