- Why get sick from a hangover
- How to get rid of a hangover by simple means
- How to get rid of a hangover at home
- How to quickly get rid of a hangover
- Folk remedies and recipes from alcohol poisoning
For sure, every once in my life I experienced on myself what a hangover syndrome is. He manifests a terrible state of health in the morning after a strong binge the day before. And the amount of alcohol may not be so great. But if you happen to drink very rarely and in small doses, even a moderate amount of it can cause a painful condition the next day. The main symptoms are headache, nausea, hands trembling, blood pressure decreases, digestion disorders are observed, and weakness appears. Since you want to get rid of a hangover and a general bad state of health as quickly as possible, you need to know effective ways.
If a person is not an alcoholic, the reasons for a hangover are in no way related to the lack of the opportunity to drink, as happens in the case of drug dependence. On the contrary, the idea of drinking is disgusting the next morning.
Why get sick from a hangover
The main reason for a hangover is poisoning. Alcohol after several hours breaks up into poisonous substances and the body has to fight with toxins. In addition, as a result of drinking, other harmful substances begin to accumulate, which under normal conditions would be oxidized and withdrawn.
Not quite high-quality alcohol heavily loads the liver and it has to deal with the neutralization of toxic impurities, fusel oils, which in low-quality booze weight. Therefore, if you really drink, then buy quality vodka.
The face swells, although many are convinced that binge causes dehydration. In fact, when the hangover is not enough volume of circulating blood. And after drinking a lot of water, just the liquid is distributed very unevenly.
Despite the fact that alcohol pulls into sleep, the brain does not get a proper rest for the night. And it’s not even a matter of poisoning. Alcohol prevents the onset of the so-called “fast” phases of sleep, during which dreams occur. During dreams, the body rests best. If you fall asleep drunk, then even a prolonged sleep does not restore strength. The cause of the headache the next morning – the mass death of brain cells.
How to get rid of a hangover by simple means
The following methods are associated, first of all, with the prompt removal of the causes of a bad morning state. In many ways, they are similar to treatment for poisoning:
- To get rid of alcohol poisoning, it is useful to drink as much pure water as possible, you can sweet tea – sugar will restore the glucose deficit. A popular remedy – brine from pickled cucumbers – is undesirable, since salt prevents the excretion of liquid;
- If the hangover literally splits the head to quickly get rid of the painful sensations, you can put a cool compress on your forehead.
- As a rule, in a state of alcohol poisoning there is no desire. Therefore, to maintain strength, you can eat a little fruit or vegetable salad.
- It is useful during the day to drink half a liter of kefir, it accelerates the restoration of the activity of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Several tablets of activated carbon can be taken. It binds toxic substances in the intestines, helping to get rid of them faster, which makes it much easier.
How long a hangover lasts depends on various factors. Rarely drinking and not differing in enviable health may suffer from symptoms for several days. The rate at which alcohol is neutralized in the liver is approximately 10 ml per hour. That is, the corresponding test will give a negative result if you drink 100ml of vodka 10 hours before the test. The good news is that about 30% of drinkers do not suffer from a hangover after a heavy drink.
How to get rid of a hangover at home
Treatment of a hangover at home reduces to providing enough fresh air. Therefore, it is best to ventilate the room as often as possible. And if there are forces – a little walk. This is a moderate motor activity and fresh air.
To get rid of a hangover at home, it’s easiest to go to bed, if the state of health allows you to fall asleep. Much more difficult for those who need to go to work. To bring yourself back to normal, you have to cheer up in one way or another, which will inevitably affect your health.
In each country, their recipes quickly recover from a hangover:
- Chinese drink strong green tea;
- Italians drink a cup of black coffee;
- Americans use tomato juice with a fresh egg;
- Germans eat pickled herring with onions.
Enema and other bowel cleansing procedures may be effective, but it is better if they are prescribed by a doctor.
In some cases, getting Enterosgel helps to get rid of a hangover. The drug eliminates the headache, restores the speed of reactions and treats alcohol poisoning. If you take the drug after drinking, next morning in the blood will be much less alcohol. In the morning, the drug can be repeated.
As a rule, simple cases are treated at home. If the condition is so severe that you have to seriously think about how to survive a hangover, you need to get rid of this condition with caution. In any case, do not go to the bath and avoid significant physical exertion. If it does not get better, you need to call a doctor at the house.
How to quickly get rid of a hangover
The first thing to do after waking up is to take a cool shower. Cool water invigorates, gives an energy boost for further poisoning treatment.
Effective means of quickly getting rid of a hangover – take a hot bath with essential oils of lavender or rosemary. This procedure stimulates the work of the kidneys and they can quickly remove the poisons. The bathroom is taken within 10-15 minutes.
Another helpful recommendation: a contrast shower. The procedure starts with a warm shower, then the water becomes cool for 3-5 seconds, then warm again. The procedure lasts a minute and ends with a cool shower. After you need to rub your hair with a towel.
Folk remedies and recipes from alcohol poisoning
- It is useful to drink tea with mint and melissa. These substances contribute to the removal of toxins from the body. You can also brew green tea, chamomile, drink milk or curdled milk.
- Because you want to cope with the hangover as soon as possible, you can try the recipe used by Americans: add a fresh egg to a glass of tomato juice, mix thoroughly, add a little salt and drink.
- What else can I take to get rid of alcohol poisoning? It turns out that the pieces of willow bark help, are sold in the pharmacy. The bark needs to be chewed for a long time. Also help seeds of cardamom, two pieces of which need to be swallowed 2-3 times a day. One-time intake of a quarter teaspoon of cumin seeds helps.
- To get rid of the headache, it is useful to make tea from dandelion or rosemary. Mint infusion (a teaspoon of grass for a glass of boiling water) in severe cases, you can take a glass every hour.
- An effective remedy for getting rid of painful symptoms is ordinary honey. Half a cup of honey should be taken in small portions throughout the day.