The accumulation of sulfur occurs in the baby’s ears just like their dads and moms. And “good people” often advise parents to clean the ears of the crumbs daily and as deep as possible so that “no cork” is formed. Unfortunately, many mothers do so, even without realizing that such a deep cleansing of the ears is permissible only under certain circumstances and exclusively at the LOR.
How do you really need to clean the ears of a baby?
The content of the article:
- How often and how can I clean the ears of children?
- How to clean the ears of a newborn child – the instruction
- The rules for cleaning the ears of children older than
- Questions about cleaning the ears for children – answer pediatricians
Is it possible to clean the ears of the infant – How can I clean my ears at home?
Clean the ears of children should be carried out strictly according to the rules and as carefully as possible!
Remember that the tympanic membranes of a newborn baby are not yet protected. In addition, the length of the ear canals is still small. Therefore, we perform this procedure carefully and, according to the instructions!
Skin care for a newborn baby – the 10 best baby creams
Why clean the ears of a youngster, and do you need it at all?
Of course, it is necessary. But – not too often, and without much zeal.
And as for earwax, which so annoys Mom and Dad, it is completely forbidden to clean it.
Despite its unattractive appearance, there are several functions that it performs in the body:
- “Lubricates” the eardrum, preventing it from drying out – helps moisturize the ear canal.
- Provides the function of protecting the ear canal from getting into microbes, dust and so on.
In addition, it is worth noting that after a deep cleansing of the ears, this substance stands out a fraction of the time, so Mother’s zeal here is useless.
Also a deep cleansing can lead to …
- Infection penetration.
- Otitis (note – cleansing of the ears is the most common cause of otitis in the crumbs up to a year).
- Violation of the integrity of the tympanic membrane.
- The formation of an even denser sulfur plug.
- Impairment of hearing.
If you have any suspicions that the sulfur plug is there, and requires immediate removal, immediately go to LOR!
It is forbidden to perform such manipulations yourself!
What else you need to remember?
- Than to clean ears? The most popular options are a flagellum made of a cotton disc or a plain cotton wadding with a limb. This restriction prevents too much penetration of the wand into the ear and protects it from injury. Important: a cotton flagellum can leave villi in the ear, which can not only cause discomfort, but also inflammation. At what age should I start? Cleaning the ears – the process is delicate, and in the first weeks of life, crumbs such a procedure to anything. You can begin to clean after 2 weeks, when the baby adapts to the outside world.
- What can not be cleaned? Any devices that are not designed for these purposes – from matches and toothpicks to ordinary cotton buds. Also, do not use oils, milk and other “improvised” products to lubricate the flagellum or rod.
- Authorized funds. The list consists only of the first item: hydrogen peroxide is extremely fresh and not higher than 3%. True, infants, with the usual cleaning of the ears, it is also useless, and in addition, use the remedy is allowed no more than 1 time per week.
- How often to clean? Starting from 2 weeks, the baby can be cleaned by ears once a week and a half. The procedure includes cleaning the auricle and the space around the ear from the outside.
- When to clean? The ideal option – to bathe the crumbs, feed and immediately begin to clean the ears.After bathing, sulfur in the ears will soften, and as a result of sucking movements will come out of the depth of the ear canal.
How to make a compress on the child’s ear – instruction
How not to clean the ears of the baby?
- With intact nails.
- Toothpick or match with wrapped cotton wool.
- Flag of non-sterile cotton wool.
- With penetration deep in the eyelet.
Prevention of ear diseases – remember the main thing!
- Peroxide is not used in the presence of problems with the ears , and with sulfur fuses quickly and professionally (and safely!) The ENT cope!
- After bathing, we check that moisture does not remain in the baby’s ears . If it is available, we use flagella from cotton wool discs, which carefully absorb water in the ears.
When should I see a doctor?
- If you suspect a sulfur plug.
- If there is a discharge or blood from the ears.
- With an unpleasant odor from the ears.
- When the color and consistency of sulfur change.
- If redness or inflammation occurs.
- If a foreign object enters the eyelet.
How to clean the ears of a newborn baby – instructions and rules for cleaning the ears
The main rule of cleaning the children’s ears is caution and a sense of proportion.
After an evening bath in the daily “regime”, it is recommended to prevent the following breast problems:
- Crusts behind the ears . They usually appear due to the flow of milk on the cheeks and getting into the earmolds. In the absence of proper care every day, the remnants of milk dry up and turn into irritating skin and itchy crusts. It is recommended daily to wipe the skin behind the ears and carefully absorb the moisture with a cotton disc after bathing.
- Crusts as an allergy. They can also occur behind the ears due to the use of poor-quality baby cosmetics or due to errors in the mother’s diet.
- Avoiding the ears . Most often arise because of poor-quality drying of the skin after bathing or lack of hygiene. After bathing, do not immediately pull on the bonnet to the crumb – first make sure that there is no moisture in the ears and behind them. If diaper rash does not go away, consult a doctor.
How to clean your ears – instructions for parents
- After bathing, moisten the cotton buds (with a limiter!) Or cotton buds in boiled warm water or in a weak solution of peroxide. We do not wet much, so that the “instrument” does not flow!
- We lay crumbs on one side on a changing table.
- Gently clean the area around the ear canal (not inside it!) And the ear canal itself.
- Next, moisten the wadded disk with boiled water and gently clean the areas of the ear folds (behind the ears). Further dry the given areas so that there is no moisture left.
- Wipe the ears and areas behind the ears is recommended every day, and near the ear canal – every 7-10 days.
- It is not allowed to use one stick (flagellum) for both ears.
How to put an enema to a newborn baby – instruction
Rules for cleaning the ears of older children – how often can you clean the ears?
A baby older than a newborn baby is polished too, without much zeal to avoid ear inflammation, skin irritation and other troubles.
For a healthy baby enough treatment of the ears every 10 days and easy cleaning of the auricles after bathing.
How to use hydrogen peroxide to remove the cork to a large child?
- We buy peroxide in the pharmacy 3% (and ideally – 1%).
- Use an exceptionally warm solution!
- We make peroxide 1 to 10 with boiled (distilled) water.
- We put the baby on the barrel and instill 3-4 drops of the drug into the ear using a regular syringe (without needles, of course).
- We wait 5-10 minutes and carefully process the area around the auditory canal, removing sulfur.Inside the ear is forbidden to climb!
Remember that a 6% peroxide solution can lead to a chemical burn!
When serious traffic jams are strongly recommended visit to the ENT – the baby will get rid of traffic jams, and my mother will learn to clean the ears correctly.
All important questions of cleaning the ears of newborns and children older – are answered by pediatricians
Questions about cleaning the ears of the carp a lot of moms always come up with a lot.
The most popular of them with the answers of pediatricians – your attention!
- During the cleaning of the child, the blood from the ear went – why, and what to do? The most common cause is a traumatic ear canal. However, it is impossible to exclude and damage the tympanic membrane. In this case, it is recommended not to delay and immediately contact LOR.
- The child coughs or sneezes while cleaning the ears – is it harmful to continue cleaning the ears in this case? Undoubtedly, you should not continue – there is a risk of damage to the tympanic membrane and serious injury to the ear.
- There is a suspicion that the child has a sulfur plug in his ear. Can I clean my ears at home? It is not recommended to remove sulfuric cork at home yourself! The specialist removes the plugs quickly, with the help of special tools and washing.
- After cleaning the ears the child constantly cries, the ear hurts – what should I do? The main reason for the pain after cleaning the ears is too aggressive and deep cleaning. It is inadmissible to get inside the auditory hole! If the baby cries all the time, even with external cleaning of the ears, it is strongly recommended to see a doctor – possibly developing otitis or having an injury.
- Is it harmful to drip hydrogen peroxide in the child’s ears to clean off sulfur? This tool should not be used to clean the ears of babies up to 6 months. Do not use peroxide for otitis and hypersensitivity. The decision to use peroxide takes the ENT, according to the disease.
- How to dry your baby’s ears after swimming? It is unacceptable to dry the ears with a hair dryer (sometimes it happens), warm them with a heating pad, apply a syringe, shake the baby, or shove the sticks to soak the water in the ears! The moisture is eliminated by wetting the cotton pad or inserting the cotton flagellum to a depth of no more than 0.5 cm. After bathing, the baby is laid on one barrel to allow all the glass water to escape, and then to another barrel.