- Causes of cutaneous allergy
- Symptoms and treatment of urticaria
- Skin allergy in children
- Than treating allergy on the skin
- Folk treatment of dust allergy
If you constantly want to comb your skin, itching can be caused by an allergy. With allergies on the skin appear rashes of non-infectious nature. This is an increased reaction of the immune system, which considers the substance-allergen as dangerous and tries to get rid of it. Symptoms occur within a couple of days after exposure. Blood vessels dilate, because of the release of large amounts of histamine, inflammation, redness and swelling are observed. The skin can form blisters, a rash, itching occurs.
Allergic reaction in mild symptoms resembles a cold: there is a runny nose, lachrymation. In difficult cases, it is urgently needed to seek medical help, because the head turns dizziness, vomiting, convulsions appear, heart rate increases, anaphylactic shock occurs, every tenth case of which ends lethal. Anaphylactic shock manifests itself in a few seconds, minutes, not later than five hours later.
Causes of skin allergies
Allergic skin rashes are caused by various substances:
- food: milk, chicken eggs, chocolate, citrus, ripples, nuts, honey and t .P.;
- some food additives: dyes, preservatives, etc .;
- pollen of plants;
- pet hair;
- components of household chemicals or perfumes;
- poison, released by biting some insects;
- substances that are part of paints and varnishes;
- some metals, of which clothing accessories, hair clips, rivets, etc. are made.
Symptoms and treatment for urticaria
Skin allergies can be different. Symptoms of urticaria is the formation of bright pink blisters. Their size reaches 10-15cm. In a number of cases they pass without a trace, appearing for only a few minutes.
In acute form, there is a strong burning and rash of blisters on the skin and mucous membranes. As a rule, this is the reaction of the body to medicines or certain products, even to sudden changes in temperature – for example, an allergy to cold. And also violations of the internal organs, digestive system. The histamine released in significant amounts increases the permeability of the walls of the vessels, dilates the capillaries, resulting in edema of the dermis and the formation of blisters.
To cause the appearance of skin symptoms of urticaria may be protein foods that are poorly processed due to disruption of the gastrointestinal tract. This may be the result of poor performance of the liver, kidneys, the formation of a large number of toxins in colitis, an allergy to bacteria.
Symptoms of hives are head pain, weakness, fever rises. If the mucous membrane of the digestive system swells, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting occurs. The itch is strong, in some cases it is difficult to fall asleep.
In cases of liver diseases in women, sun rays on open skin areas may cause rashes, the so-called solar urticaria . If you stay on the Sun for a long time, there is often a shock, the work of the heart and breathing is disrupted.
To treat hives caused by drugs or taking certain products, antihistamines, a laxative, are used. External skin integuments are treated with an alcoholic solution of menthol, calendula.
Skin allergy in children
The cause of allergic dermatitis can be:
- air pollution;
- abuse and causeless use of medicines;
- artificial feeding;
- consumption by mother during pregnancy of foods high in food additives;
- nourishment during the fetal production with foods that can cause an allergic reaction;
- genetic predisposition.
As a rule, atopic dermatitis occurs in children up to a year. There is inflammation of the skin and swelling, accompanied by pain. Initially, the cheeks, the scalp, and then the shoulders are affected. Constant itching appears, the child combs the affected areas of the skin.
The rash is peeling, the bubbles appear bursting and are covered with a yellow crust. The next year, rashes appear in the elbow and popliteal folds, skin folds. The skin in these places is condensed. It is necessary to treat allergy on the skin long and carefully, otherwise a repeated manifestation of symptoms is possible.
Treatment of allergies in the case of atopic dermatitis should be prescribed by the doctor, especially during exacerbations, since with a calm course of the disease, one treatment is required, with aggravation, another. It turns out to be superfluous:
- to exclude the allergen from the food;
- take antihistamines to eliminate itching;
- sedative collections of valerian, motherwort, etc. are shown
In case of contact dermatitis , the cause of the body’s reaction is a specific allergen that affects a certain area of the skin. It can be a dye, a chemical compound, a material or a substance. Typically, in order to identify an allergen, a number of samples are required.
Than to treat an allergy on the skin
As a rule, allergic manifestations – too violent reaction of the immune system to certain agents, which for various reasons found themselves in the human body. If the protective forces successfully cope with these agents, there is no allergic reaction. Painful manifestations occur if the immunity is too susceptible to certain substances. For successful treatment of allergies, they need to be identified. If you eliminate the cause of the rapid “operation” of immunity, allergic skin manifestations will pass by themselves.
So far, first-generation drugs are used to treat skin allergies. Despite the fact that when they are taken, the effect of drowsiness and uncertainty of thinking is observed, in a number of individual cases they are appointed by the doctor together with more advanced second-generation drugs.
- Dimedrol effectively removes allergic and pseudoallergic signs. The skin is cleansed, coughing and vomiting, caused by the action of the allergen. In addition to drowsiness, the drug causes dry mucous membranes, delays urination.
- Suprastin is used to eliminate rhinoconjunctivitis, urticaria, atopic dermatitis, itching. A certain disadvantage is the transience of the therapeutic effect, it does not accumulate in the body.
- Tavegil copes well with such manifestations of skin allergy as itching and redness.
- Peritol besides elimination of allergic manifestations, relieves headache, migraine, improves appetite. It is used to treat allergies to cold and the resulting hives on the skin.
Second-generation drugs for the treatment of allergies:
- Zirtek effectively copes with cutaneous manifestations of allergies, it penetrates the skin and is well excreted by the kidneys.
- Claritin cures allergic reactions and does not cause drowsiness. It fits well with other medicines.
- Fenistil on the medicinal properties and duration of action is close to the drugs of the first generation, but it has less pronounced sedative effect.
People’s treatment of allergy to dust
Turn through a meat grinder 3 tbsp. roots of dandelion and 2st.l of rose hips. Add 1 item of l. corn stigmas, 4 tbsp. St. John’s wort, 1 tbsp. chemist’s chamomile, 2 tbsp. horsetail field, 5 tbsp. centipedes, mix well. In a glass of cold water in the evening put 1 tbsp. mixture, insist night. In the morning bring to a boil, slowly cool and strain.
Store the finished product in the refrigerator. Take from a dust allergy to a glass of folk remedy during the day, dividing it into three equal parts.
After the beginning of the reception, there will appear hardening, which can be smeared with menovasin to eliminate itching and local anesthesia. Within six months, while continuing treatment, you should completely abandon alcohol. The improvement will begin in a month.