- Useful properties of sage
- Infusion and oil for the mouth
- Improve memory
- Treatment of the common cold and throat
- Digestive disorders
- External application
- Treatment sage of infertility
- Decrease in sweating
Useful plant likes heat, grows in Greece, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Yugoslavia, Moldova, Krasnodar Territory, Crimea. The healing properties of sage medicinal ( Folium Salviae ) are concentrated in leaves and in the tops of flowers. Meadow variety of the plant is much weaker, therefore it is rarely used for medical purposes.
Useful properties of sage
Useful and medicinal properties contain leaves and flowers of medicinal sage, in their composition essential oils, tannins, alkaloids, flavonoids, ursolic and oleanolic acids, mineral salts , phytoncides, vitamins P, PP, bitterness:
- tannins tighten the protein molecules in the mucous membranes and the skin, which makes them stronger, more effective against infection;
- ursolic and oleanolic acids have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, hepatoprotective and antitumor effect;
- obtained from sage salvin treat diseases of the oral cavity, cineole has antiseptic and expectorant properties.
Infusions and decoctions of medicinal sage in the form of rinses are used for stomatitis, gingivitis, lesions of the oral mucosa, as well as angina and tonsillitis, they strengthen the nervous system, eliminate hand trembling, neurasthenia.
The medicinal properties of medicinal sage are used for spasms and inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, bile and bladder, for hepatitis, to reduce the formation of gases, restore appetite.
Leaves and flowers have astringent, hemostatic, anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties, they destroy staphylococci, streptococci, so infusions and decoctions of medicinal sage are used in the treatment of suppuration, ulcers, skin diseases.
Infusions and decoctions are used to accelerate the onset of pregnancy, stop lactation, reduce sweating, appoint in the menopause.
Infusion and oil for the oral cavity
cook the infusion:
- brew 2 tbsp. leaves with two glasses of boiling water, insist, drain.
After each meal, brush your teeth or rinse your mouth. Rinse with infusion of medicinal sage for 10 days. The healing properties are especially pronounced when performing the procedure before bedtime.
In case of tartar formation after the procedure, rub into the gums sea buckthorn oil .
For mouth rinses, you can also use essential oil of sage at the rate of 5 drops per glass of warm water.
The sores on the mucous can be treated with a stronger sage infusion of medicinal:
- brew 2-3 tsp. leaves 1/3 cup of boiling water, apply infusion on the sores with a cotton swab.
Essential oil of medicinal sage in aromatherapy increases brain productivity, which is especially important for intellectual workers. It is useful property to improve memory and attention, expands the “coverage” of the problem, helps to come to an optimal solution faster. The length of intellectual life increases, to the advanced years the sharpness and clarity of mind remain.
- brew 1 hour. leaves with a glass of boiling water, it is good to wrap it, let it cool down, drain it.
- pour 800ml vodka and 400 ml of water 100 dried flowers of sage medicinal. Insist in a sealed glass dish in the sun for 40 days, drain.
- brew half a cup of boiling water 1 tsp. crushed leaves, insist 20 minutes, strain.
- brew 1 tsp. leaf sage medicinal glass of boiling water, insist, drain.
- insist 200g dried leaves in 200ml alcohol or vodka 10 days in a dark cool place, periodically shaking the contents, drain.
- chop 4-5 dice garlic , 2 p.p. sage medicinal , brew 1 liter of boiling water, simmer in a water bath for 15 minutes, allow to cool, drain.
- brew 3 tsp. leaves 500ml of boiling water, insist half an hour, strain.
- brew 1 tsp. leaves of sage with a glass of boiling milk, simmer for 10 minutes, drain, again 10 minutes.
- Brew in a glass of boiling water 1с.л. dried leaves, insist 15 minutes, strain.
- brew 1 tsp. dried leaves with a glass of boiling water, insist 15 minutes, drain.
- brew 1 tsp. leaves 100ml of boiling water. After 5 minutes strain, gruel is placed on a layer of sterile gauze folded in several layers and applied to the callus for 10 minutes to relieve inflammation and disinfection.
- completely pour 100 g of leaves with vegetable oil , insist 10 days in a dark place, drain.
- brew 2 tablespoons. leaves 1 liter of boiling water, insist 20 minutes.
- Brew 1 tbsp. a glass of boiling water, let cool, filter in this case is not necessary. Keep refrigerated.
- take slightly salted sage juice – 1hl. in the morning on an empty stomach and at bedtime, also within 12 days after the end of menstruation.
- brew 1hr.L. leaves with a glass of boiling water, insist 30 minutes, drain.
- brew 1hr.L. leaves with a glass of boiling water, insist 20 minutes, drain.
Recipe for multiple sclerosis :
Take 1 hour. 2-3 times a day. Recipe for longevity :
Take 1 tsp. in half with water in the morning on an empty stomach to improve the tone of the nervous system, and also as a source of antioxidants.
Catarrhal and throat treatment <
Runny nose . Sage treats sore mucous:
Bury in a warm form 1-2 drops every two hours.
Pharyngitis . In case of acute inflammation of the pharynx:
Treat throat with rinses.
To rinse your throat in a glass of warm water add 10 drops of the prepared sage tincture.
Chronic tonsillitis :
For treatment, rinse your throat every half hour.
Angina . Salvia officinalis is used for acute tonsillitis, using its medicinal properties for rinsing the tonsils (“glands”):
Rinse your throat every 2 hours.
Flu (cough) . Prepare the medicine:
Give a lot of cooling and take a broth for the night to cough.
Prepared tea from sage medicinal facilitates expectoration, knits, reduces the sputum production. Its medicinal properties are used at the stage of transition of dry cough to wet – drink half the glass several times a day, it is possible with honey.
Disturbance of digestion
When food processing processes are violated, harmful substances accumulate in the intestines that are spread throughout the body. The painful condition is manifested by spasms in the abdomen, malaise, frequent liquid stool:
Take a sage broth in half an hour, it fixes and prevents dehydration of the body.
Corners . As a rule, feet are injured by tight uncomfortable shoes. A bubble forms on the skin. The pain intensifies when the bladder breaks. Special treatment is not required, but the medicinal sage accelerates healing:
The healing properties of the medicinal sage also help to reduce pain.
Eczema . Small bubbles with a yellowish liquid appear on the skin, ulcers, scabs may form. For the early recovery, the medicinal properties of sage oil are applied:
Regularly lubricate the skin or fasten sterile wipes impregnated with sage oil on the affected areas.
Fungus . Lesions of the skin of the legs are treated with a medicinal sage broth:
Keep feet in warm decoction for 20 minutes, then wipe feet thoroughly, especially between fingers. Treat the feet every day until complete recovery.
Infertility sage therapy
Included in leaves and flowers phytohormones are similar to the sex hormones of people. The role of phytohormones of sage in the treatment of infertility is not well understood, but it is known that the intake of its infusion, juice, tea normalizes the activity of the sexual glands in women and men.
It is believed that phytohormones act as catalysts in conception. The intake of medicinal sage also helps the onset of pregnancy in that it enhances the “sucking” ability of the cervix.
O infertility can be said in unsuccessful attempts to conceive for two or more years. In a number of cases, failures are a consequence of a gynecological disease that needs to be cured.
Sage infusion of medicinal from infertility :
For the preparation of infusion, it is better to use plant seeds. Who has relatives who are familiar in the Crimea or in the Krasnodar Territory – ask them to send.
Take for three months for an incomplete tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach and overnight for 12 days after the end of the period.
If the pregnancy does not occur, after two months, repeat the treatment of infertility with infusion of medicinal sage. In the absence of gynecological diseases, conception will necessarily occur.
Traditional medicine recommends for pregnancy :
Conception facilitates the reception of tea from the sage medicinal:
Take 1/3 cup for half an hour-hour before each meal for 12 days.
Reception of infusion, decoction of medicinal sage during breastfeeding reduces lactation, which helps in the removal of the baby from the breast.
Decrease in sweating
With the onset of menopause (about 45-50 years), which can last several years, irregular periods become irregular, mood swings, insomnia, irritability , and there are tides – a feeling of “heat”, accompanied by increased sweating.
For reducing sweating , strengthening the nervous system is useful to take an infusion of medicinal sage:
Take 1/3 cup after 1 hour after a meal.
For the same purpose apply alcohol tincture (15 drops per glass of warm water).
To be treated by two-month courses 2-3 times per year with obligatory breaks between them.
Despite the generally accepted healing properties, long-term intake (over 3 months) of infusion, broth, sage tea – especially in a significant dosage or in high concentration – irritates the mucous membranes, and can also cause poisoning, especially in childhood.
Sage preparations for ingestion treat inflammatory processes in renal pelvis , they are also used to prevent and dissolve oxalate stones .Admission contraindicated in nephritis , pyelonephritis , glomerulonephritis .
Reception of infusion or broth is contraindicated in case of severe cough , as it causes its intensification.
Do not use infusions and decoctions with hypotension , hypothyroidism , serious diseases of the nervous system.
The healing properties of sage are not used during pregnancy, with amenorrhea (delay of several cycles of menstruation), polycystosis , endometriosis , uterine myoma .