- What is useful for a dandelion
- Plant composition
- Harvesting of dandelion leaves and roots
- Application of dandelion
- The healing properties of dandelion juice
- Recipes for salads from dandelions
- Recipes of dandelion jam
- Coffee drink
- Dandelion treatment of heart disease, blood vessels
- Dandelion treatment of joint diseases
- Use of dandelion for the liver, with pancreatitis
- Dandelion benefits in the treatment of diabetes
- Elimination of insomnia, overstrain, depression Applying these
- dandelion women
- dandelion juice Treatment of eyes and teeth
dandelion flowers, root, dandelion leaves (pharmacy) have long been used to treat diseases. Decoctions, tinctures, juice help to lower the level of cholesterol, normalize metabolic processes, the composition of blood in anemia. Salads from fresh herbs, jam stimulate digestion, the formation of bile, treat the pancreas and liver.
How useful dandelion
The plant has anti-inflammatory, laxative, choleretic, diuretic, antipyretic, expectorant, antisclerotic, antihelminthic, sedative, antitumor effect.
Infusions, decoctions are used to get rid of stones in the bile and urinary tract, with toxic damage to the liver, gastritis with a decreased secretion of gastric juice.
Those in the bitterness stimulate appetite, improve the skin condition. Inulin is needed for people with diabetes. Root, flowers, leaves stimulate the separation of milk from nursing mothers.
A useful plant prevents osteoporosis, slows the aging of tissues.
Dandelion officinalis is widespread, it can be found on lawns, in the garden, in meadows, in the field. Milky juice plants are used for bee stings, to get rid of warts.
Of the young leaves collected before flowering in late spring or early summer, they prepare useful salads, they are added to soups. A special salad variety of dandelion is shown, there is no bitterness in its leaves.
Dandelion root about 2 cm in thickness and 60 cm in length. The maximum of medicinal properties is acquired in autumn or early spring, before the appearance of the first leaves.
Juice, roots, leaves, dandelion flowers contain a lot of biologically active substances. First of all, vitamins A, B1, B2. The combined action of rutin (vitamin P) and ascorbic acid (vitamin C) reduces the permeability and fragility of capillaries.
Microelements are represented by manganese, iron, calcium, phosphorus. The plant contains tannins, phytoncides, fatty oils, mucus, organic resins.
Dandelion roots contain glycerides of oleic, palmitic, and cerotinic acids. By autumn, up to 40% of inulin is accumulated. In the spring, its content is only 2%.
The composition also contains sucrose (up to 20%), proteins (15%), carotene, tannins, organic acids. The roots are able to accumulate copper, zinc, selenium.
Harvesting of dandelion leaves and roots
The maximum of healing properties they acquire after the birth of a young month, before sunrise. Leaves are sorted, removed yellowed and withered. Dry in the shade in a well-ventilated room until the milky juice ceases to stand out. If desired, the dried leaves can be ground in a coffee grinder. Store in a sealed glass container for up to two years.
<style . The best time is at sunset in mid-September, when the month is at a loss. The roots are excavated, the thin lateral roots are cut off, washed in cold water, wilted in a well-ventilated room. When the milky juice ceases to stand out, they are cut into pieces 3-5 mm, dried.The finished product is light or dark brown, odorless, bitter to the taste. It can be stored for up to five years.
The medicinal properties of the plant are used as infusions, tinctures, decoctions, oils, juices, fresh in salad.
- Brew 1 tsp. dried roots of dandelion (or 2 tablespoons dry leaves, flowers) with a glass of boiling water, insist for two hours, drain.
Infusion is prescribed for metabolic disorders (skin rash, acne), as well as gout, rheumatism, anemia. Applied as an antitoxic agent for insect and snake bites, thyroid disorders.
- Brew 1 tsp. dried leaves and flowers or 1 tsp. roots with a glass of boiling water, simmer in a water bath for 5 minutes, allow to cool, drain.
Take 2 p.s. before eating with liver disease, gall bladder, cholelithiasis, with gastritis with low acidity, constipation, to improve digestion, stimulate appetite.
Vodka tincture .
- Pour 100 g of flowers half a liter of vodka. Infuse two months in a dark place, drain.
Tincture on alcohol .
- Pour 1 second. crushed leaves and dandelion roots 100ml alcohol with a strength of 70%. Insist for a week in a dark cool place in a sealed container, every day shake the bottle. After the end of the vegetable raw materials removed, the finished product to drain.
Apply tinctures at the first sign of a cold, rub the whiskey, the bridge of the nose. Cover your head with a cotton and woolen shawl, it’s best for the whole night. Inside take 10-20 drops per 1/2 cup water 2-3 times a day with liver disease, as choleretic.
- Dried leaves, pour flowers 3 parts of vegetable oil. Insist 7-10 days in a dark cool place, drain.
Apply for the treatment of inflammation of the mucous membranes.
The therapeutic properties of dandelion are also used in the form of tea, syrup.
- Brew 1 tbsp. crushed roots with a glass of boiling water, insist 20 minutes. Take 1/4 cup for 15-20 minutes before eating.
- Fresh flowers of dandelion to collect early in the morning in glassware, pour each layer of sugar, lightly tamped, add a little water. Stand the jar in a dark place for 3-4 days. Keep refrigerated.
A thick brown liquid is formed in the jar, pleasant to taste. Take 1 hour. twice a day, adding to the drinks, desserts. Flowers can be consumed with honey. The remedy is used for insomnia, loss of strength, depression, for improving memory, increasing efficiency.
Medicinal properties of dandelion juice
Juice from dandelion leaves is best prepared before flowering, in the first half of June. From July to early autumn, healing properties are reduced.
- Grass and leaves wash with cold water, cut, put into a colander and scald. Grind in a meat grinder, strain through a dense fabric. Add by volume as much water, boil for 2-3 minutes.
To eliminate bitterness, the washed leaves of young dandelions can be placed for half an hour in a solution of common salt at a rate of 3 c.s. per liter of water, after washing again.
Take 2-3 weeks or all spring-summer, 1 tsp. 20 minutes before a meal, you can with honey. Keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, then prepare a new juice.
The medicinal properties of the dandelion juice are due to the high content of potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron.
In particular, organic magnesium only contain fresh plants. Inorganic compounds are not absorbed and accumulate in the body.
Some in the juice add an equal amount of vodka or two parts of the juice to one part of the alcohol.
Juice helps neutralize increased acidity, it is used as a choleretic, to normalize the activity of the pancreas. It has an easy laxative effect, it helps with insomnia.
Fresh juice helps to get rid of joint pain with gout, lowers cholesterol. It is used for diseases of the liver and gall bladder. It goes well with other vegetable juices.
For cosmetic purposes, juice is used to whiten the skin, get rid of freckles, age spots, warts, smearing of the bite of insects.
Fresh juice is applied to the defect 3 times a day or more. Allow to dry, then rinse with water.
Recipes for salads from dandelions
Young leaves of the plant are used as salads. As a rule, they do not bitter, especially if you remove the central rod. To eliminate bitterness, the greens are also placed in cold salted water for 20 minutes (1 tsp per liter of water).
- In a separate bowl, mix the vinegar, vegetable oil, salt. Mix everything with chopped dandelion greens, parsley, onions.
- Mix the cut grass (leaves) of a dandelion with salt and garlic, add vinegar, vegetable little.
- Finely chop the leaves, mix with walnuts, add 1 tsp. honey or vegetable oil.
Dandelion jam recipes
- Yellow dandelion flower petals (400 pcs) pour 1 l of water, add the previously cut into 4 parts lemon with the skin, cook for 90 minutes. Let cool, drain, squeeze the plant mass, it is no longer needed (discarded). Cooked lemon finely chop, add 1 kg of sugar and cook until the consistency of liquid honey.
- Separate from the flowers (360 pcs.) Stalk, pour 2 glasses of cold water, boil for 2 minutes. In a colander put gauze in four layers, drain the water into a pan, squeeze the plant mass. Add 7 glasses of sugar to the water, put the saucepan on a fire and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Boil seven minutes from the moment of boiling.
- Dry the dried dandelion roots to a light brown color. Brew at the rate of 1 hour. for a glass of boiling water.
The drink will replace coffee suffering from hypertension, liver, kidney disease.
These therapeutic properties of dandelion roots are also used to purify lymph:
- Infuse night in a thermos at a rate of 1 tsp. powder of roots for 500ml of boiling water. Take 1 glass three times a day for a week.
Dandelion treatment of heart disease, blood vessels Hypertension .
- Brew 1-2 seconds. crushed leaves or roots with a glass of boiling water, simmer for 10 minutes, drain. Take 1 tsp. three times a day.
Recovery after the infarction, stroke .
- Prepare the dandelion juice (see above). Take 50ml 20 minutes before meals twice a day.
- Brew 1sp. dried leaves with a glass of boiling water, insist for two hours, drain. Take up to a quarter cup three times daily before meals.
- Dry the dried root powder. Hold half a teaspoon in your mouth and take a sip of water. Take three times daily before meals.
- To reduce cholesterol take 1 tsp. powdered dandelion root powder shortly before eating. In six months there is an improvement.
For the treatment and prevention of atherosclerosis, you can take the juice of a dandelion, gradually increasing consumption from 1 tsp. the day before the glass. Then reduce the rate, return to the original.
Varicose veins .
- Brew 1 tbsp. roots of a dandelion, brew 500ml of boiling water, simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, insist 10 minutes, drain. Take 2/3 cup 2-3 times a day.
Dandelion treatment of joint diseases
dark glass jar. Pour vodka, insist two weeks in a cool place. Razirat for the night joints tincture and gruel, cover with a woolen scarf.
Osteoarthritis . Dandelion roots have a curative property to restore cartilaginous tissues, dissolve salts:
<Improvement of appetite, constipation
Application of a dandelion for the liver, with pancreatitis
Osteoarthritis . Dandelion roots have a curative property to restore cartilaginous tissues, dissolve salts:
<Improvement of appetite, constipation:
- Brew 2-3s .l. powder of dandelion roots with a liter of boiling water, simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, allow to cool, drain. Take in warm form half a glass before meals three times a day.
- For the night, insist 1 tsp. powdered roots in a glass of cold water. Take 1/4 cup for the day before meals.
Improve digestion . Eat leaves in the form of salads. Recipes for their preparation are given in the relevant section (see above).
Cholecystitis . The bitterness of the plant is a remarkable cholagogue. The following decoction recipe helps with gastritis with low acidity, diseases of the pancreas, for insulin secretion:
- Brew 3sp. powder of dandelion roots 500ml of boiling water, simmer for 20 minutes, drain. Take 1/2 cup for half an hour before meals twice a day.
Gallstone disease .
- Mix 1 part of the root powder and 10 parts of the dandelion grass. Brew 2 tablespoons. a glass of boiling water. Take 1/4 cup before meals 4 times a day.
- Take every day for 2 p.s. fresh dandelion juice (preparation recipe see above).
Liver disease . Prepare the syrup (see the section above for a recipe). Take 1 tsp. three times a day for half an hour before meals during the spirit of the weeks. After the 14 day break, repeat the course.
Pancreatitis, abdominal pain .
- Brew 1с.л. dried leaves and dandelion roots 500ml cold boiled water, infuse for 10-12 hours. Take 1/4 cup before meals 4-6 times a day.
The use of dandelion in the treatment of diabetes
Salads from the leaves of the plant are rich in inulin. It is useful to use them with parsley, dill, kerf, radish or young turnips.
Recipes for diabetes mellitus :
- Brew 1 tbsp. finely chopped washed roots with a glass of boiling water. Insist 20 minutes, drain. Take 1/4 cup 3-4 times a day.
- Brew 1 tbsp. crushed dandelion root and 3 ч.л. leaves of mint with a glass of boiling water, simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, cover, let cool, drain. Take 1/4 cup 2-3 times daily before meals.
Elimination of insomnia, overstrain, depression <
> Increased nervousness associated with fatigue .
- Prepare the tincture based on 1 tsp. powder of roots on a glass of vodka, insist in a dark cool place for 10 days, strain. Take 30 drops with water for half an hour before each meal for 14 days.
- Brew 2 tablespoons. dandelion flowers with a glass of boiling water, simmer for 15 minutes. Insist in a sealed container for half an hour, strain. Take 1 tsp. 3-4 times a day before meals.
< When you are pregnant with a threat of miscarriage after consultation and the doctor’s consent, you can take a decoction of dandelion.
- Cook 1 tsp. powdered root with a glass of boiling water, infuse for 2 hours. Take during the day or 1/4 cup before meals.
It is better to start a medicinal plant with small doses (for example, brew 1 tbsp per glass). If the well-being after taking a satisfactory dosage can be increased.
Treatment with dandelion juice of the eyes and teeth
When trachrome 1 drop of milky juice is injected into the eye.
Dandelion juice strengthens the gums and teeth. Accept, having detained in a mouth, on 1с.л. three times a day. The recipe for the preparation of juice is given in the relevant section above.
Contraindications of dandelion
Medicinal plant helps with many diseases. But first you should consult a doctor who will help you choose the optimal dosage and intake rules.
Decoctions, dandelion infusions affect the work of the gastrointestinal tract, increase the formation of hydrochloric acid – the basis of gastric juice.
Therefore, dandelion treatment is contraindicated in gastritis with high acidity, with peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
Use with caution dandelion in acute inflammatory diseases of the biliary tract.
One of the therapeutic properties of dandelion is choleretic action. In turn, increasing the separation of bile leads to a loose stool. Therefore, do not use the plant in case of intestinal disorders.
With a reduced ability of the gallbladder to contractions (hypotonic dyskinesia), excess bile flow causes its stretching and intensification of painful sensations. Therefore, in this disease, treatment with dandelion should not be used.
Do not use a medicinal plant for flu symptoms.
Flowers and pollen can cause an allergic reaction.