It would seem, well, the bast and sponge is a common object “for 5 cents” for body hygiene. However, with the right approach, this thing, a mix of foam gel, becomes both a scrubber, and a massager, and a remedy for ingrown hair and orange peel. That is, a quality washcloth is the best “friend and companion” for your skin.
Choose the right sponge together!
content of the article:
- 4 synthetic sponges for body
- 8 natural sponges for washing the body
4 types of synthetic body sponges – pluses and minuses of synthetic sponge
Such bastards “live” in almost every bathroom – different shapes and sizes, multi-colored and plain, made of polyester or viscose, nylon and so on.
Their popularity is explained by the following advantages:
- Affordable cost.
- Longer life, in comparison with natural.
- Saving of detergent (higher foaming).
- And one of the most significant advantages: such bast is not an attractive environment for germs and bacteria. (if they are properly taken care of, of course).
- The possibility of washing in the machine and manually.
- Possibility of processing by special means.
- Risk of allergies (especially in a hot bath).
- Risk of poisoning by harmful substances released from synthetic wool.
- Lack of ability to withstand heat.
Choose synthetic loofah – types
1. Foam sponges
Gentle and soft, giving a rich foam. Of course, they can not clean the body properly because of its structure, but there are also combined variants. Disadvantages:
- Quickly sour (if not time to dry).
- Quickly lose marketability (tear).
- Too bright foam rubber “bunnies” and “fruit” can cause allergies.
2. Polyethylene woolen
The most ideal option for rough skin. Most often they are used by a strong half of humanity.
Usually, these wads are made rather long and fasten the handles on both sides – for comfortable washing your back. Disadvantages:
- Too rough (for sensitive and delicate skin will not work).
- Quality, as a rule, leaves much to be desired.
Also made of polyethylene. Small size, light and comfortable on trips, very fast drying and inexpensive – they have become very popular in Russian bathrooms. Disadvantages:
- Quickly lose marketability (unwind, tear at the base). Perhaps this is their only drawback.
Invented they were still in the distant 60’s enterprising Japanese. Washcloth is a “cloth” made of specially woven nylon threads. Pros:
- Durable and durable.
- Different hardness (can be selected under your skin).
- They have special additives in the composition for gommage.
- It is convenient to wash (they can access any part of the body).
- Massage effect.
The disadvantage of a bast is one – a large size.
8 types of natural body washcloths – advantages and disadvantages
In the last 3-5 years in our country – a real (and so far an endless) boom in the purchase of goods of natural origin. People are tired of synthetics in everything, and strive for a healthy lifestyle, which includes the use of natural materials in all spheres of life.
Undoubtedly, the natural sponge will be “closer to the body”, thanks to the plant’s beneficial components, structure and cleansing properties.
It is also worth mentioning the anti-cellulite and massage effect.
What is cellulite, and how to live with it?
True, there are such bastards and flaws:
- Need special care.
- Short-lived (and sometimes just disposable).
- An ideal environment for the processes of rotting and multiplying bacteria. And, no matter how thoroughly you wash the washcloth, dry it and treat it with special means.
to choose natural loofah – the main types …
ideal product to cleanse pores, stimulate blood microcirculation and quality of the massage effect.
- Excellent foaming.
- High water absorption properties.
- Long service life.
- Absence of allergies to the material.
- Exfoliating effect.
- The need for thorough care.
- Difficult to find on sale.
2. From loofah
Product from a plant called “mad cucumber”.
- Perfectly and deeply cleanses the skin.
- It has massage and exfoliating properties.
- Has an anti-cellulite effect.
- Accelerates the process of cell regeneration.
- Long service, has increased strength. Minuses:
- Rough (not suitable for sensitive skin).
- Requires softening (usually it is simply soaked in hot water 15 minutes before the bath).
3. From the sisal
Many people have heard of the fiber obtained from the leaves of the agave. Typically, these sponges are cute woven mittens.
Among the benefits can be distinguished:
- The pronounced anti-cellulite effect.
- Peeling properties and acceleration of blood circulation.
- Long service life. Disadvantages much more:
- Increased stiffness (too coarse washcloth).
It is not recommended to use it more than twice a week. And people with an abundance of moles and sensitive skin and it is better to refuse from it in favor of a softer washcloth.
- Low foaming.
- Requires maceration in hot water.
- High price.
4. From the bast
This bath “masterpiece of naturalism” is made from a subterranean lime layer. It is generally believed that such a washcloth is most useful for the skin of all existing natural.
From the pros:
- Deep cleansing of the pores.
- Destruction of microbes (note – allocation of phytoncides in the process of washing).
- Exfoliating effect.
- Low cost.
- Average hardness and softening in water. Disadvantages:
- Small term of “life” (the bast starts to crumble).
5. From rami
A bath object made from Chinese nettle. Has a mesh structure. Benefits:
- Anti-cellulite and massage properties.
- Soft grinding action – gentle cleansing.
- Stimulation of blood circulation.
- Strength and low price.
The consumers did not find the disadvantages of such bastards.
6. From the birch bark
Useful and effective washcloth, ideally cleansing the skin.
- It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Has a massage effect.
- Deep cleanses the pores and successfully relieves acne.
- Helps in the fight against orange peel. Minuses:
- High price.
- Difficult to find on sale.
7. Brush with natural bristles
Such a brush with a long handle was very popular in Soviet times. The handle and the base of it are made of wood, and the cleaning part itself is made of natural bristles.
- Deep cleansing.
- Massaging pronounced effect. Minuses:
- Large size.
- Stiffness (note – for frequent use will not work).
Very delicate, delicate and pleasant body – with a porous soft structure. Excellent foam and do not cause skin irritation and allergies.
They can be easily used for baby skin or for cleansing the delicate skin of the face.
But there are disadvantages:
- Very short term “life”.
- Very high cost.
- Hardens after drying.
- Requires replacement every 2-3 months.
Of course, this is not all scouring. There are still copies for hamam, eco-wool from cellulose and so on. The variety is great, and the choice is limited only to the wishes and size of the wallet.
Even children know that cleansers, as well as a comb or toothbrush, everyone – exclusively own . And, of course, the rules of leaving on it apply to the same extent as other personal items.
- Change the loofah every 2-5 months, according to the material. Artificial can be changed less often, natural – regularly!
- After washing, be sure to thoroughly wash the sponge and dry thoroughly.
- 1-2 times a week we treat the wool with antiseptic means or soak in boiling water, if the material allows. You can use a solution of boiling water with vinegar.
- Keep sponges away from the sun and batteries (extend its service life).
- Do not use hard wool daily! The scrubbing effect can become a real headache if used more often than once a week. Like masks with a scrub, these sponges are recommended to apply 4-5 times a month, so as not to cause irritation and inflammation of the skin.
- Do not unscrew the loofers when pressing (lose shape and appearance)!
- If the material allows, once a week you can wash the loofah in the washing machine with other things.
And, of course, it is recommended to have several sponges for different purposes:
- For every day – a soft sea or synthetic sponge.
- For comfortable back washing – loofah loofah or a brush with a long handle.
- To fight cellulite and massage effect – a hard loofah. For example, from bast or ramie.
- For feet and elbows – a sponge from sisal.
How to take a contrast shower for weight loss correctly?