- Benefits of juniper berries
- How to make juniper infusion
- Use of juniper broth
- Use and preparation of decoction from needles
- Useful properties of decoction from the roots of the vertex
- Use of juniper in cooking
- Contraindications to the use of juniper berries
Other names of juniper – “verse”, “arsa”. The age of a useful plant is more than 50 million years. Due to the mass of useful properties, juniper berries, as well as needles, are still widely used.
The healing and mystical properties of plants have long been used. It has long been used as a universal medicinal product. They were treated with malaria, dropsy, rheumatism, mental illnesses, scrofula and scurvy.
In the old days, the hut and clothes of the patient were fumigated with smoke from dried fruits, the floors were rubbed with needles. In addition, solid wood effectively counteract decay, and the shrub often is used as a hedge.
Benefits of juniper berries juice
Actually, the fruits of the plant are not berries, they are just cones of black color. They ripen in September-October. They are taken in the form of extracts, infusions, decoctions or powders for prevention and treatment:
- kidney and liver diseases;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Juice from ripe cones is used as an effective diuretic, with inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary tract, as well as with arthritis.
Juice is consumed by 1 tbsp. with honey 3 times a day.
How to prepare a juniper infusion
Berry infusion is useful in case of poor appetite and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. It disinfects well, improves metabolic processes, promotes digestion. It is used as a cholagogue.
- 10 g of dry crushed raw material is poured into one glass of boiling water, it is insisted, after complete cooling it is filtered. Take half a cup 3 times daily before meals.
Use of juniper broth
Decoction is used as an effective cough remedy, it is used for purulent pleurisy, pneumonia.
- 1 st.l. dry extract of berries is poured 2 cups of boiling water and boiled for 20 minutes. Then filtered, filled with boiled water, so that the volume again made up two glasses. Take 1 tbsp. 3 times a day.
Application and preparation of decoction from needles
Decoction of juniper needles is useful for preparing medicinal baths with radiculitis, neurosis, with rheumatic pains.
- 200 g of dry extract boil in 2 liters of water for half an hour. Strain and add to the bath. The water temperature should not exceed 37 ° C.
Useful properties of broth from the roots of the vertex
Decoction of the roots is used to treat stomach ulcers.
- 1st. l. crushed roots are poured 100 g of boiling water, boiled for 20 minutes in a saucepan with a closed lid, after which it is filtered. Take a medicinal product 3 times a day for 15 minutes before meals.
Using juniper in cooking
Juniper berries are a spice that gives a special flavor and flavor to meat, poultry and fish dishes. Shred fruits are added to the dough.
They also make syrups, jelly, marmalade, jelly, used for cooking tinctures.
Contraindications to the use of juniper berries
In addition to useful properties, the plant is strictly forbidden to apply in the case of:
- exacerbations of kidney disease;
- duodenal ulcer and stomach;
acute colitis or gastritis.
It is not recommended to drink juniper during pregnancy.