Summer – time of the sea, fruits, beaches, sarafans – and, of course, sandals. If in winter, many women can still afford not too careful pedicure, then in summer the legs should be just perfect. The most common problem in this period is the problem of rough skin on the heels, which, alas, can not hide even a beautiful nail varnish.
How to restore smoothness to your heels, and what you need to know about the secrets of caring for them?
Contents of the article:
- Causes of rough skin and cracks on the heels
- Cleansing the heels at home
- 7 folk recipes for soft and smooth heels
- Heels care – prevention of cracks
Causes of rough skin and cracks on the heels – why are the heels tough?
No matter how we dream about smooth heels – unfortunately, after a certain age our heels suddenly lose their childlike tenderness and softness by themselves.
And, sometimes the heels remain rough even with intensive and regular care.
What is the reason for this, and what are the true causes of rough skin on the heels?
- Lack of due care.
- Skin drying. The reason, which is peculiar not only to the summer period: sometimes it happens in winter with dry air in the apartment.
- Wrong shoes. As you know, close and substandard footwear contributes to the violation of the water-fat balance of the skin and its trauma. In addition, unnatural and harmful to the skin materials can cause irritation, allergies, excessive sweating and, as a result, dry skin.
- Incorrect food. The lack of vitamins always reflects on the skin with cracks, dryness, irritation and other manifestations. Rough heels are often found in girls who constantly sit on diets. Fundamentals of proper nutrition for beauty and health
- Excessively intense heel care. Yes, it happens! For example, in case of too frequent and intensive peeling, which takes time to restore the skin (more often than once a week, this procedure is not recommended).
- Too hard water in the water pipe.
- Frequent hypothermia – or, on the contrary, overheating of legs.
- Use of substandard cosmetic products (including soap and gels).
Video: How to make the heels soft and smooth?
Possible medical reasons:
- Fungus. The most frequent cause of dryness and roughness of the skin with cracks. Unfortunately, the fungus manifests itself not only with these symptoms, and in the absence of proper treatment the legs acquire a very unsightly appearance, which is also accompanied by itching, sweating and other troubles.
- Diabetes mellitus type 2. In this case, to deal with skin problems is very difficult, and without consulting a specialist is indispensable.
- Problems in the endocrine system. Questions of aesthetics (heels, in this case) are resolved after (or simultaneously) with treatment.
- Obesity. This disease disrupts the full blood supply of the lower limbs and their connection with the central nervous system, the skin becomes thin on the feet, and there is a tendency to crack the skin.
- Psoriasis. This disease works badly the whole immune system, and one cream and hygiene from the roughness of the skin on the heels can not get rid of – you need a comprehensive approach.
It is important to understand that serious skin problems with the feet can be a very alarming signal. Therefore, in the case when you can not cope with cracks by yourself, and the accompanying symptoms cause you inconvenience – it makes sense to consult a dermatologist and a therapist.
Types of pedicure – which one to prefer?
Proper cleaning of the heels at home – the instruction
Care for the heels in the beauty salon – a pleasant lesson. But not everyone has to salons means, time, and desire.
Yes, and much easier to care for the heels of the house. Especially if you know how.
First we steam out the legs in the bath.
It is recommended not to neglect this stage of care, because it’s the baths that help to quickly soften the skin for easy removal of dead cells, nutrition and moistening of the heels.
And if you still massage your feet to the bath, the result will be even more amazing, pleasant and long lasting.
The massage can be replaced by ordinary walking on a massage hard mat or by peeling with pea, ball, and so on.
What kind of bath should I choose? The best recipes:
- Milk. On a large grater we rub classic baby soap, add 1 st / l shavings and 0.5 liters of warm milk to the basin, then hot water. Keep the legs until the water cools.
- Herbal. Take 1 st / l dry herbs: oak and chamomile crust, celandine and calendula, St. John’s wort. Fill 1 liter of boiling water, we insist day, and in the evening we pour the filtered broth into the basin and dilute with boiling water.
- Soda with soap. On 1 basin – ½ cup soap shavings and the same amount of soda, plus boiling water. Keep the legs for about 10 minutes.
- Citrus. 2-3 hours before the procedure brew citrus crusts in boiling water, and then just add the broth into the water, plus 1-2 drops of orange essential oil.
- Nettle. On a basin with hot water – 1 l of nettle decoction (from 2 st / l dry nettle).
- Oily. Aroma bath for the feet and for the soul. On 1 basin – 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil.
If you have time for daily care for the heels, then instead of saws and pumice to exfoliate the coarsened skin, it is better to use scrubs. They act more gently (a thick layer of coarse skin can not be removed), but with the regular use of scrubs, the dream of “heels like a baby” becomes a reality.
You can prepare scrubs yourself at home, if you want to save on store tools – which, by the way, often contain harmful components .
Important! Scrub we apply only on steamed feet, and after massage with skrab we leave a mixture on the heels for 7-10 minutes – that is, do not rush to wash it off.
- Sugar with oil. Mix 1: 2 olive oil and sugar, apply to the feet, massage.
- Coffee with sea salt. Mix 1: 1 on a tablespoon – salt a large sea and coarse coffee, add 2 tbsp kefir, apply, massage.
- Cocoa with sugar. For 2 h / l sugar – 1 st / l cocoa (not neskvika, and normal confectionery cocoa powder) and milk for a bunch. Mix, apply, massage.
- Citrus with salt. On 1 st / l of fine salt – the skin of the 1st orange, ground in a blender.
- Salt with honey . At 2 tbsp honey – 1 st / l sea salt.
- Sand with sour cream. If you live at sea, then this option is for you. In the absence of the sea sand, we take the usual one. For 1 handful of sand – 2 tablespoons of fatty sour cream. Mix, apply, massage.
- If the scrub is not (or make it lazy) , then we use a bath after the bath to remove the coarse skin. It is desirable to use only the fine-grained side: coarse grinding of the heels promotes the appearance of scratches, cracks – and even more dryness. Smoothness and tenderness to the heels give only regular procedures with a light and non-traumatic scrabbing effect.
- Pumice stone is not recommended. First, they injure the skin of the feet, and secondly, they are the source of bacterial growth.
- When using a file, first we lubricate the dry heels with a cream and wait for absorption – so the procedure will be more effective.
- The file is used a little wet, but not three heels under the water ! Grind the heels until the full removal of coarse skin.
- Now rinse the legs in warm water , wipe dry, abundantly grease with a fat cream and put on cotton wool.
At least 2-3 similar procedures a week – and you will not be ashamed to put on open shoes on the street.
- In the presence of cracks on the heels, they should be treated with a disinfectant immediately after the procedure, and the cream should be used only with those that contain components that promote the healing of cracks (for example, salicylic acid).
- It is not recommended to cut rough skin and corn ! Such a procedure will only accelerate the regeneration of injured skin, which will return to itself “protective roughness” even faster. Use sparing tools and methods – regularly and competently, and the effect will pleasantly surprise you.
7 folk recipes for soft and smooth heels – how to make heels like a baby fast at home?
Recipes of quick return to the heels of smoothness today – a huge amount.
But it is worthwhile to understand that if you have not been engaged in your heels for a month, then it will simply not be possible to return them a blossoming “as from the cover” view for 1 procedure.
The most popular recipes for the smoothness of the heels in the home:
- We dissolve the legs in the bath 15 minutes, wipe, massage with cream, treat with a soft grater “dry”. Next, a warm shower, again wipe dry and apply a pre-prepared mixture: 1 st / l starch, 1 st.l lemon juice, 1 raw yolk. Now the legs are wrapped in a film for a couple of hours, or better at night. You will only have to peel off the exfoliated skin with a light file, rinse the feet under the shower and, after drying, apply cream.
- Wrap your feet with plates of fresh squash and fix the film for 2 hours. Next, rinse the legs, dry, handle with a file, lubricate with cream.
- Warm up the olive oil on the water bath (about 100 ml), add a piece of beeswax, then 1 h / l sea buckthorn oil and glycerin. Warm the mixture we put on steamed and dried feet, leave for the night under cotton wool. The mixture is stored in the refrigerator (you can smear and cold).
- We cook not too thick oatmeal without sugar and salt, we cool it and put it on the feet. Fix the film, top – nosochki, after an hour, rinse, dry your feet and grease with a fat cream.
- We mix honey and olive oil in half, put on foot, fix it with film, wash it off after 2 hours, treat the legs with a saw blade, then follow the usual pattern – shower, towel, cream.
- Brew a strong green gull, filter and soar the legs in the bath with this decoction. The very brew further (just after the bath) – in the film and around the feet for a couple of hours. Then rinse the feet, dry, apply the cream.
- Mix oat flakes with milk (5 tablespoons – 1 handful) and crushed aloe leaves. We put the mixture on the feet, fix the film for 2-3 hours. Further we process with a sawing, we rinse, dry and grease with a fat cream.
How to restore softness to the heels – pharmacy
For the treatment of cracks and softening of the skin in modern pharmacies – a lot of drugs.
Take a note!
- Sea Wolf (nourishes, moisturizes, restores).
- Bepanten (softens, heals).
- Calendula ointment (heals, softens, tightens cracks).
- Salicylic ointment (heals).
- Balmamed (moisturizes, nourishes, protects).
- Radevit (stimulates skin regeneration, removes inflammation).
- Lamisyl (against infections and fungus).
- Bio Astin (against fungus and infections).
- Zazhivin (from cracks).
- First aid (heals, softens).
- And others.
Video: How to make the heels soft and smooth – heel care at home
Care for the heels – how to prevent the appearance of cracks and rough skin on the heels and feet?
The basic recommendations include simple and understandable rules of care, and lifestyle:
- Wear the right shoes.
- We often go barefoot on the grass and pebbles, do foot massage.
- We use gentle abrasives.
- Regularly apply fatty nourishing cream (preferably at night).
- Observe diet and watch personal hygiene.
- We wear slippers in swimming pools, bathhouses and other public places.
- Avoiding synthetic materials when choosing shoes.
- We use mats in the bathroom that can be washed.
- 2-3 times a week (ideally – every day) we make foot baths (warm! Not with hot water!) And use a scrub.
- After the bath and a regular bath, we pour the legs with cool water. Especially before bedtime.
- Always dry the feet and fingers after the bath.
- Do not use coarse pumice, polishing, or blades.
- After each treatment, the saw blade is treated with a disinfectant solution (or at least washed with soap and poured over with boiling water).
In the summer, we intensify the intensity of care for the heels.
Heel spur – causes and treatment