- The composition of the salt
- How much salt is needed for the human body
- What is the use of salt
- What is the harm of salt
The benefits or harm of salt are endless disputes . It has long been used as a seasoning. Once it was valued for its weight of gold, so leaving “not salting it” meant a meeting of the guest without due respect. It is a part of various dishes, although many are convinced that its excess amount is harmful. On the other hand, a certain amount, on the order of 5grams, must necessarily be part of the diet. This includes salt, dissolved in various products: bread, cheese, sausage, herring.
As is known, the popular seasoning is a combination of sodium and chlorine, sodium chloride.
- sodium is used to provide acid-base balance and fluid balance. He is responsible for the correct transmission of nerve impulses, is involved in providing muscle contractions. The lack of a microelement is manifested by weakness, drowsiness;
- chlorine is a part of gastric juice, blood and bile. If chlorine is not enough, the digestive system begins to malfunction.
A sufficient intake of seasoning is necessary to maintain an optimal level of electrolyte in the cells. In case of deficiency, the functioning of muscles worsens.
How much salt is needed for the human body
- Some people are convinced that a certain amount of it is excreted through the excretory system every day, through sweat and urine. This is its benefit and therefore the expense must be regularly replenished.
- Others believe that through the excretory system the body gets rid of unnecessary. And when too much sodium chloride is released through perspiration, this indicates its surplus. Its additional admission only sets unnecessary work and thereby does harm.
- Some athletes and athletes consider it useful and even necessary to replenish the amount of salt in case of intense physical exertion, and also in the heat. In fact, its excess will be inferred, except for the small amount that will remain inside the cell to ensure proper healthy functioning.
A certain compromise is easy to find, completely abandoning the intentional “salting” of food. It is better if it starts to come with different healthy foods, that is, in the most useful and natural way.
What is the use of salt
As you know, life originated in the ocean. The composition of the blood is similar in many ways to the composition of sea water. The use of seafood – for example, sea kale – benefits health. Such products naturally eliminate salt deficiency, it comes into the body after the necessary processing has passed in the plant.
In addition, it benefits from external application:
- salt baths benefit by helping to cope with swelling of the legs;
- salt compress under the eyes (1ch.l. per liter of water) is useful from bags under the eyes;
- rinsing the throat with a saline solution with the addition of soda is useful in relieving inflammation of the tonsils.
What is the harm of salt?
- Harm salt is manifested in case of its overabundance. It clogs the ducts and the liquid can not leave the body. As a result, edema develops, and excess sodium chloride begins to accumulate.
- Sodium raises pressure, which causes harm to health in hypertensive disease. If the disease develops, a stroke may occur.
- His excessive intake causes various diseases of the kidneys, liver, heart.
- Regular food salting dulls the sensitivity of taste buds, making natural food seem too fresh. If you sit for a while on a salt-free diet, the sensitivity of the receptors is restored, the ability to sense the natural taste of food is restored. The habit of salting salads can be replaced by adding spices, lemon or vinegar.