- Useful properties of wormwood
- Essential oil
- Treatment for colds
- Getting rid of parasites
- Preparing wormwood tincture
- Wormwood treatment for digestive system
- Recipes folk medicine
Wormwood (Latin artemisia ) was named after the goddess Artemis, who discovered her medicinal properties. The plant can be found along roads, fences. Branches with flowers harvested in July and August and used to make infusions and broths.
Useful properties of wormwood
The healing effect of essential oils, bitterness, flavonoids, phytoncides, vitamins B6, C, K, tannins, malic and succinic acid.
Inside wormwood is used as infusions, decoctions, tinctures on alcohol or vodka. The plant intensifies the action of other herbs, so it is often taken in combination with sage, mint, cranberry, garlic.
The plant is used to improve appetite, digestion, to provide soothing action, to fight against insomnia, to get rid of parasites, against bruises, to disinfect wounds.
The medicinal properties of wormwood strengthen bile secretion, have a bactericidal, diuretic, analgesic effect. Infusions and decoctions improve the production of gastric juice, eliminate heartburn, help in the treatment of diseases of the spleen.
A useful product is obtained from the grass with water and steam. Oil is used as an antiseptic, expectorant, for the removal of edema.
It is especially useful in cases of upper respiratory tract diseases, to eliminate nervous or physical stress, depression and insomnia.
- In case of joint diseases, an oil tampon is applied to the affected area for half an hour or rubbed in a mixture with a base oil.
- Wormwood essential oil helps in the treatment of inflammation of the gums.
- In combination with mint oil helps with migraine and headache. To do this, 2-3 drops are diluted in 50ml of water and moisten the whiskey, forehead, the back of the head.
- Wormwood essential oil has not only healing properties, but also stimulates the sexual desire both in men and women.
- The fragrance helps cope with seasickness, eliminates bouts of nausea, nervous and muscular tension.
Treatment for a cold
Prepare the tincture : pour in 1 tsp. grass wormwood bitter glass vodka , insist in a dark cool place for three weeks, drain.
At the first signs of a cold take 2-3 days to 20 g once a day, you can dilute with water.
за To improve the immunity brew 1 second. a glass of boiling water, to stand on a water bath for 15 minutes, allow to cool, drain. Top up the boiled water to a full glass. Take half a glass for a few days.
Getting rid of parasites
For destroying helminths prepare wormwood infusion:
- brew 1 tsp. herbs with a glass of boiling water, insist 2 hours in a sealed container.
Take 1-3 pp. per day with milk or in undiluted form on 1s.l. for half an hour before meals.
Dried grass can be chewed and rassasyvat, no jamming, three times a day between meals. Through the oral mucosa, the beneficial properties of wormwood begin to have a therapeutic effect, quickly penetrating the bloodstream.
also prepare the following remedy:
- chop the garlic head into a slurry, add half a teaspoon dried wormwood, pour 0,75l of hot red or white wine . Insist in a sealed glass dish for five days.
Take 1-2 glasses a day.
from pinworms and ascarids :
- Brew 1 tsp.wormwood and onion husks with a liter of boiling water, simmer in a water bath for 15 minutes, allow to cool, drain. Apply in enemas.
Preparation of tincture of wormwood
- Grind 50 g of dried wormwood, pour a glass of alcohol, insist in a warm place for two weeks, strain.
Before meals, take 15 drops, diluted in water, to improve digestion, appetite, eliminate flatulence.
- Take 1 tsp. peeled shredded roots of Artemisia vulgaris, add 0.5 l cognac. Stir in a water bath for 10 minutes, then put in a closed dish and insist for two days, drain.
Take 3-5 drops 1-2 times a day as a sedative.
Wormwood treatment of the digestive system
The therapeutic tincture helps to normalize the metabolism, destroys fungus, parasites. Bitterness helps to reduce body weight.
Prepare wormwood infusion :
- 2с.л. herbs boil with boiling water, soak in a water bath, let cool, drain.
Take 2-3 days for 1-2 hours. half an hour before meals to increase the acidity of gastric juice, to eliminate digestive disorders. To improve the taste, you can add honey.
Recipe using tincture of wormwood:
- pour 1 tsp. herbs a glass of vodka, insist a week in a dark cool place, strain.
Take 20 drops, diluted with water, twice a day.
These drugs are especially useful for gastritis with high acidity. Tinctures and infusions of herb wormwood reduce inflammation in stimulate the secretion of gastric juice, as well as the activity of the intestines, liver, pancreas.
In case of gastritis with high acidity, the following infusion will help:
- Prepare a mixture of leaves peppermint , sage , wormwood , yarrow , chamomile . Brew 2ch.L. mix with a glass of boiling water, insist in a sealed container, drain.
Take in hot form half an hour before meals one day.
To cleanse the liver dried wormwood grass chop, a pinch of powder pour for 10 seconds a glass of boiling water, drain. Take 1 tsp. before meals.
Traditional medicine recipes
<var style text text . Mix a handful of fresh herb wormwood with yogurt. Apply on expanded veins, covered with polyethylene, for half an hour.
Pain relief, cramps elimination. Prepare a decoction of wormwood:
- Pour 2 p.s. crushed dried herb wormwood 1/2 cup vegetable oil, bring to a slow fire until boiling, stir constantly. Let the oil cool down and put a compress on the sore spot for the night.
Store the mixture in the refrigerator, preheat it slightly before use.
In the summer, you can apply crushed fresh leaves to the sore spot.
Herpes (cold on the lips). To be treated with infusion of wormwood – brew 1 tsp. A glass of boiling water, take a dessert spoon for half an hour before eating.
Hair loss. The medicinal properties of wormwood are used to strengthen hair. Prepare the infusion – one part of the herb infuse ten parts of water, insist, drain.
Wash your hair every other day for a month. If necessary, repeat after two weeks.
Warts. Prepare the infusion (1ch.l dry grass for a glass of boiling water). Take inside to treat the warts for an incomplete tablespoon an hour before meals.
Toothache. Prepare a thick infusion of leaves of fresh wormwood. Rinse your mouth with a sick tooth.
Despite a number of medicinal properties, wormwood is a poisonous plant, therefore it is not recommended to use its infusions and tinctures for a long time. Otherwise, convulsions and hallucinations are not excluded.
Do not use the medicinal properties of wormwood during pregnancy, with breastfeeding, as well as with anemia (anemia), peptic ulcer, gastritis with low acidity – its intake will further reduce acidity.
Wormwood is contraindicated in diseases of the kidneys due to the bitterness, which has an irritating effect on the kidneys.
To exclude allergies – tears, runny nose, choking, coughing, itching of the skin – it is worth first chewing a little grass. And only if there are no negative symptoms, you can carry out this or that treatment with wormwood.
Contraindications are organic damage to the heart, liver, diabetes, thyrotoxicosis.
Apply wormwood does not cost more than a month, after which you need to make a two-week or a month break. In addition, her long-term administration drains the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.