- Why does it hurt in the abdomen near the umbilicus in pregnant women
- Abdominal pain in pregnant women with intestinal infection
- Pain in the navel in pregnant women with appendicitis
- Why is it important as soon as possible consult with a doctor
Pregnancy, for some long-awaited is not only an upbeat mood, but also various changes in the body and associated with the ongoing restructuring of discomfort. Even in the case of exceptional women’s health, yes, yes. Can take a back, sometimes the abdomen in the field of a belly-button hurts.
In some cases, this is absolutely normal, so it’s not worth worrying and panicking. On the other hand, it is necessary to know about the painful sensations as much as possible, so that if something goes wrong, react in a timely manner.
Why does it hurt in the abdomen near the navel in pregnant women?
- In some cases, this is a completely natural pain associated with the increase in the size of the abdomen.
- Another common cause is the stretching of the so-called round ligament of the liver, which is a overgrown umbilical vein, it is found in women and men. The ligament originates from the navel and contacts the portal of the liver. During pregnancy, internal organs move and pull a round ligament, causing painful sensations.
- In some cases, the cause of discomfort may be insufficient development of abdominal muscles. The situation is complicated by the fact that with increasing fetal size and weight, the risk of umbilical hernia существенно increases significantly. Surely many people paid attention during pregnancy to the outwardly turned navel. As a rule, after giving birth, he returns to the original position.
Most of the discomfort near the navel is manifested in the thirteenth week of pregnancy. Usually, you do not need to do anything, after a while the pain goes by itself.
But if, in addition to pain, vomiting, constipation, flatulence occurs, the pulse becomes faster – these are symptoms of the umbilical hernia. On the abdomen appears the formation of an oblong form, to which it is painful to touch. You need to call an ambulance and do nothing yourself.
Abdominal pain in intestinal infection
If abdominal pain occurs near the navel during pregnancy, a possible cause is intestinal infection , especially if the following symptoms occur :
- pain manifests itself not constantly, but by contractions;
- appears a loose stool;
- the body temperature rises.
The danger is that vomiting and diarrhea stimulate intestinal tone. As a result, the muscles of the uterus also come in a state of increased readiness for childbirth, even premature. And the toxins released by the infection into the intestine are in the blood and can affect the development of the fetus. Thus, there is a threat of termination of pregnancy.
To treat intestinal infection, appropriate treatment is performed. Simultaneously take measures to prevent premature birth. After eliminating the symptoms of intestinal infection, the condition of the fetus must be diagnosed.
Pain in the navel in pregnant women with appendicitis
Pain in the navel can be a sign of an attack of appendicitis, although, as a rule, it does not happen during pregnancy.
Pain in case of an attack of appendicitis appears on the right side, in the rib area. The body temperature increases, nausea and company appear. It should be borne in mind that the appendix during pregnancy is somewhat shifted.
If you notice symptoms of an attack of appendicitis, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible. Timely made appointments will prevent possible complications.
Why it is important to consult a doctor as soon as possible
In any case, pregnancy is not a state where you can carelessly take care of your own health and the health of your unborn child.Therefore, if you start to worry something, it is better not to engage in self-medication and not tolerate, but as soon as possible to make an appointment with a doctor.
You can often get advice by phone. In this case, it is important to correctly and accurately describe the feelings that cause anxiety and anxiety. If during pregnancy there is a pain in the abdomen near the navel, it is necessary to characterize it:
- how often and how regularly it manifests itself.
It is extremely important for the doctor to make the right diagnosis.