- Where the blueberry grows
- Useful juice from berries
- Useful properties of berries
Blueberry is very similar to blueberry . Both plants are the so-called perennial deciduous shrub. Blueberries grow as abundant as blueberries, but its berries are larger and more oblong. The taste is less sweet, they feel more moisture. Flesh greenish.
Where blueberries grow
Unlike blueberries, blueberries grow not only in pine forests. It is harvested in Altai, in the tundra, in the Caucasus, among cedars, in forests of wetlands, in sphagnum marshes. It is unpretentious and therefore it does not care about rarefied mountain air, nor dry, stony, acidic and poor soils. Shrub prefer to grow in a temperate or cold climate.
The plant lives up to 90 years. Typically, the first flowering occurs at the age of 11-17 years. Berries are consumed fresh or prepared from them jelly, compote and jam. In the harvest year from a hectare you can harvest up to a ton of berries.
How useful is the juice of berries
It is delicious, and its properties for the provision of therapeutic and preventive effect are comparable to the benefits given by pomegranate, apple and grape juices.
Juice has an anti-inflammatory effect, it contains a lot of antioxidants and vitamins, necessary for the body during the day. It has practically no contraindications and therefore can be widely used in dietary nutrition programs.
Useful properties of berries
Blueberries contain organic acids, tannins, vitamin C. Many benefits in the leaves of the plant. In berries, the mass of polyphenols – plant substances, which relax and dilate the vessels. Together with probiotics , polyphenols help to remove inflammation, destroying inflammatory bacteria.
Preventive properties of berries are due to the presence of phytochemicals – anthocyanins . They are irreplaceable in the fight against such serious diseases as bacterial infections, cancer, diabetes, various inflammatory processes. Slowing down the aging process, reducing the likelihood of various pathological processes in the brain.
Blueberry has the property of providing anti-inflammatory, choleretic, diuretic and anti-sclerotic effects. Thanks to the daily use of useful berries, the work of the heart, the stomach, improves the functioning of the intestine. Curative decoctions of berries and leaves promote the normalization of metabolism.
- blueberry is useful as a general restorative in the case of beriberi , various disorders of metabolic processes in the body;
- has a pronounced antipyretic and anti-febrile action;
- applies in the case of hypertension ;
- it is taken with cystitis ;
- lowers cholesterol ;
- stimulates appetite , contributing to the allocation of a sufficient amount of gastric juice;
- prevents formation of fat deposits on the abdomen;
- leaves and berries are applied to reduce sugar levels in the blood;
- in case of diarrhea or liver disease it is useful to drink freshly prepared juice half a cup three times a day;
- infusion of leaves, on the contrary, weakens ;
- is a remarkable prevention of cardiovascular diseases , has a beneficial effect on the walls of blood vessels. It is useful to prepare a decoction of leaves and twigs. For this, 50 grams of leaves are brewed in a glass of boiling water and boiled in a water bath for 10 minutes. Then they insist for two hours. Take a tablespoon 5-6 times a day.
- thin branches and leaves are widely used in the case of various bladder diseases , kidney ;
- it is recommended to use blueberry in case of anemia , because it contains almost a half more iron than in a similar number of apples;
- pectin substances effectively clean the body , saving it from radionuclides, toxins and toxins. The body effectively removes strontium and cobalt, blueberry is recommended for prevention and disposal of helminths. In it, the mass of dietary fiber, their properties are useful to ensure the normal operation of the intestine.