- Sizes and taste of Japanese turnips
- What is useful in the daikon
- Benefits of Japanese radish health
- Contraindications of the use of daikon
In the past, when daikon – Japanese radish or radish – was considered exotic. Many use the useful properties of the plant, growing it on garden plots. Some consider it a radish, others a radish and even turnips. In translation, the name means “big root”.
Sizes and taste of Japanese turnips
The plant can indeed grow like a turnip in a well-known Russian folk tale (maybe we do not know the beginning of a fairy tale – that someone made a joke on an old dad and instead of turnip seeds sold him daikon?). Some varieties are very long and can reach a length of 2.5 meters. Others hit the mass: up to 30kg.
Academician NI Vavilov during the expedition to Japan witnessed the harvesting of fruits. The best of them reached a weight of 15-20kg. There were only two or three of them on a wooden wheelbarrow. Although the taste characteristics of large representatives are inversely proportional to their size. That is, the smaller the fruit, the more delicious it is.
Japanese radish is juicy, not bitter and not burning, tastefully reminiscent of a cabbage stump.
What is useful in a dyke
Its useful properties are due to the high content of vitamin C, the daily requirement of vitamin is contained in a fruit weighing 250 g. Lots of vitamin C in young leaves. They are edible and can also be cut into salad.
In addition, it contains vitamins of group B, vitamin E. They are necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system and for maintaining a healthy state of the cells.
- The root crop has the property of restoring the reserves of potassium needed to remove harmful substances from the body. As a result, the indices of “harmful” cholesterol are normalized, blood pressure is lowered.
- Japanese radish is useful for the content of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, pectin salts. Fiber and pectins help digestion and prompt evacuation of toxins from the intestine. As a result, the condition of the skin improves, acne passes.
- Fruits are useful to apply externally to use their property to remove acne. On them it is possible to put a gruel, prepared from a pulp of a radish.
- It helps to cope with heavy fatty foods by discharging the liver.
- Sufferers overweight can eat juicy fruits for their own pleasure, since in 100 grams only 20kcal.
- Useful properties of the daikon are used to calm the nervous system, to combat insomnia: if you drink a glass of juice just before sleep, it will be easier to fall asleep.
Health benefits of Japanese radishes
Some people like to use plant juice instead of pulp. It also helps the processes of digestion of food, the formation of sufficient bile.
Juice and pulp are used as a diuretic, have a laxative effect. The fiber, which is part of the fetus, effectively cleans the intestines of accumulated slags, the remnants of undigested food. Therefore, the vegetable is often used in various programs for natural cleansing of the body.
The antibacterial and antiviral properties of the daikon and its juice help to cope with respiratory diseases. First of all, with a cold, flu, cough, bronchitis.
Some gruel from the pulp of the vegetable helps to cope with the hangover and the consequences of alcohol poisoning.
The greatest benefit can be obtained by using root vegetables in fresh form, since vitamin C. is destroyed during thermal treatment.
Contraindications of the use of daikon
Japanese turnips should not be used in case of:
- stomach ulcers or duodenum;
- kidney disease.
If you eat too much useful root, flatulence can occur.
следует In the case of liver disease, metabolic disorders should be careful. It is better to consult a doctor beforehand.